On September 20, 2013, Excelsior College hosted “How to Improve Your Writing” as part of the Center for Military Education’s “You’re Back – What’s Next?” Veterans webinar series. In the below video, Excelsior’s College writing experts explore how veterans can overcome common writing struggles, including:
- Generating topic ideas both with and without research
- Developing a thesis and/or focus
- Essay Organization
- Integrating and citing source material
- Using appropriate language and formal tone
- Effective revising and editing habits (and knowing the difference)
In addition, the webinar also addresses educational writing resources that have been made freely available to the general public, including Grammarly and ESL Writing Online Workshop (ESL-WOW). Attendees even received a sneak peak of the new Excelsior College Online Writing Lab (OWL), set for launch in November.