Executive Director, Center for Educational Measurement
Want to contact this expert? Email PR [at] excelsior.edu or contact our PR/Communications team.
Mika Hoffman is the executive director of the Center for Educational Measurement at Excelsior College. She came to Excelsior from the Department of Defense, where she served as the dean of the Test Development Division at the Defense Language Institute Foreign Language Center in Monterey, California, managing the high-stakes Defense Language Proficiency Testing program. She earned a BA with High Honors from Swarthmore College, an MA with Distinction in the Teaching of Foreign Languages (French) from the Monterey Institute of International Studies, and a PhD in Linguistics from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- Credit by Exam
- Open Educational Resources
- Program Management
- Test Developer Training
- Foreign Language Testing
- French Language
- Doctor of Philosophy, Linguistics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1991
- Master of Arts, Teaching of Foreign Language, 2008
- Bachelor of Arts, Linguistics, French, Swarthmore College, 1986
Selected Presentations and Publications
- “Matching Assessments to Open Educational Resources,” ATP Europe 2012