By Rebecca Haizmann | Troy Record
To Participate in Live Chat
Excelsior College’s Dean of Health Sciences, Deborah Sopczyk and health science expert, Linda Kennelly, faculty member in the School of Health Sciences addressed college degrees and careers in management, gerontology, health and wellness, health education, public health, or end-of-life care.
- There will always be a need for nurses. All of the experts are projecting increasing needs for nurses in the future.
- Traits for end of life care careers. It is important to understand loss and it’s meaning to you and a have strong sense of empathy and compassion for others.
- The degree programs in the School of Health Sciences (BS in Health Sciences, & BS in Health Care Management) are fully online.
- Our nursing students all come to us with clinical background.
- The gerontology program provides foundational knowledge on aging, on provision of care to the older adult population and about social policy and its role in caring for older adults.